The Ashland Outdoor Store

Staff

• Staff: Molly Beilstein

Where were you born? Salem, Oregon. Whats your favorite food and why? Strawberries, because they are summer in a berry! Whats your favorite outdoor activity and why? Mountaineering. It is miserable, cold, endless, pointless, but oh so rewarding! What is your favorite beverage and why? Coffee, it might not be my favorite but its the most universal. It keeps me alive during my 5am to 10pm school days, it is a social centerpiece, and it... [Read More]
  • Staff: Mikey Bell

Where were you born? Walnut Creek, CA Whats your favorite food and why? A hearty bowl of rolled oats, chia seeds, and banana to power me up the mountain! Whats your favorite outdoor activity and why? Backcountry skiing; the perfect combination of adventure, peacefulness, and pow shredding. What is your favorite beverage and why? Fresh organic kale, beet, and ginger juice because, what could possibly be better? Where is your favorite place to imbibe said... [Read More]
  • Staff: Grant Chisholm

Where were you born? Vista, California What's your favorite food and why? My mom’s homemade dumplings for obvious reasons. What's your favorite outdoor activity and why? Scuba diving because it’s an environment I would never be able to experience otherwise. What is your favorite beverage and why? Naked Juice, great flavor, not terrible for you. Where is your favorite place to imbibe said beverage? Hydroflask Why do you work at The Ashland Outdoor Store? The... [Read More]
  • Staff: Jeffrey Edwards

Where were you born? Santa Barbara CA What's your favorite food and why? My moms home made enchiladas with spicy orange sauce from La Victoria in San Jose. They are to die for! What's your favorite outdoor activity and why? Probably rock climbing. I really enjoy a good climbing adventure with a group of friends and just relaxing in some hammocks spending all day outside. What is your favorite beverage and why? An iced mocha... [Read More]
  • Staff: John 'Pokey' McFarland

Birthplace: Springfield Missouri. Favorite Food: Standing Stone's Baja Fish Tacos!! They do em right! The blissful blend of spicy and savory is absolutely amazing, and washed down with a local IPA, it hits the spot for a hungry outdoors man!! Favorite Activity: Being outdoors. From trail running, hiking, biking, back-country skiing, backpacking, cross-country skiing, paddling and picnicking, I just love to be out there enjoying the open skies, awesome scenery and total tranquility. I'm... [Read More]
  • Staff: Paige Miller

Where were you born? I was born in Weed California Whats your favorite food and why? My favorite food would have to be Æbleskiver because they are delicious pancake balls that you can put anything in! Whats your favorite outdoor activity and why? White Water Rafting is my favorite outdoor activity because nothing really beats the feeling on the river. You can have some of the craziest moments and also some of the most peaceful... [Read More]
  • Staff: Cassidy Moran

Where were you born? Medford, OR Whats your favorite food and why? TACOS!!! They're easy to make and you can pack them full of tasty goodness. Whats your favorite outdoor activity and why? Whitewater rafting, I love being on the river with friends and challenging myself. What is your favorite beverage and why? Sweet tea Where is your favorite place to imbibe said beverage? In camp after a long day on the river. Why do... [Read More]
  • Staff: Stephanie Nance

Where were you born? I was born in Goleta, CA, aka The Goodland. What's your favorite food and why? My grandma's homemade Wonton Soup. The entire family usually gets involved and has their part to help stuffing and folding the wontons together, it's a fun assembly line! What is your favorite outdoor activity and why? Surfing has to take the cake. I love water and the ocean; being able to slide on top of the... [Read More]
  • Staff: Megan O'Melia

Where were you born? I was born in Springfield, MA and grew up in Chester. Whats your favorite food and why? Fresh berries right off the bush! I hiked up a long, steep trail in the Mountain Lakes Wilderness this summer and my huckleberry eating breaks were what kept me going. Whats your favorite outdoor activity and why? Hiking, slowly in a wild area. I like walking slow and pausing because I see and hear more... [Read More]
  • Staff: Mike Reinert

Where were you born? Reno, Nevada Whats your favorite food and why? See food diet, if I see food, I will eat it.... Favorite Activity(s): Climbing, Backpacking and Snowshoeing! Why do you work at The Ashland Outdoor Store? To share with people, the things that I have learned and know about outdoor gear. I derive great pleasure helping people figure out what they really need for what it is they are doing and how... [Read More]
  • Staff: Steve Rice

Where were you born? I was born in Newport Beach California Whats your favorite food and why? It is way too difficult to pick just one of anything to be THE favorite. I tend to live my life with a lot of things tied for first as favorites. In this case, I will say that generally, I love authentic international (to us) food: Real Ma Po Tofu from the countryside around Chungking, China, cuisine... [Read More]

11 Item(s)